Competitions >> FLAT RACING >> South American Derby
Trot: 9th and penultimate qualifying race in the Criterium of Speed
The Criteriums of Speed (1 race per age) are 8 of the 23 major finals of harness & trotting which are being held every last day of the month.
South American Derby
Racing event hosted by Newturf at the end of each month, which consists of 3 flat races one for horses aged 2, another for horses aged 4 and the final one for horses aged 7.
The 2 main features of this “competition” are:
1) All the South American Derby qualifying races and also the South American Derby race itself will be run over new distances i.e. 2000, 2400 and 3200m. One will not find these distances anywhere else in the game, meaning that one will not be able to test the race for example in the tests provided on NewTurf or in clan races or even in public races as no public race is scheduled with these distances. As you may already have understood this event focuses on the intuition and skill of the jockeys. The jockeys who have participated in the qualifying races to the South American Derby will be in high demand due to their experience.
2) The qualifying races are open only to horses whose ResNet40days is negative ( < 0 ). Meaning horses whose racing outcome (prizemoney won less race entry fees) is negative over the last 40 days. This condition is required only at the time of registration to qualifying races. Note that it is not an issue if the outcome is positive after a qualifying race, the horse rank is only related to the number of points scored (please see the explanation below) and may qualify for the South American Derby. The final race of the 30th being reserved, there is no restriction on access outside from the number of points scored. In other words all horses qualified may take part in the race, and this whatever the level of their ResNet40days.
Finally, note that there is no earnings limit to access these qualifying races as the only criterion is the ResNet40days.
The qualifying race for the South American Derby are:
- 07: The Argentina Derby 2000M (2, 4 and 7 years)
- 10: The Uruguay Derby 2400M (2, 4 and 7 years)
- 14: The Colombian Derby 2800M (2, 4 and 7 years)
- 19: The Brazilian Derby 2000M (2, 4 and 7 years)
- 22: Venezuela Derby 2400M (2, 4 and 7 years)
- 26: The Bolivia Derby 2800M (2, 4 and 7 years)
Rules to qualify for the South American Derby:
- Each winner of the qualifying events is directly qualified for the South American Derby.
- The South American Derby being a race with 20 runners, additional participants will be selected based on the number of points scored during the qualifying rounds.
The rule for calculating points is simple: a horse scores as many points as the number of horses it overtakes in one of the 6 qualifying races. In case of a tie concerning the number of points scored for the 20th and final qualifier, the horse with the most net gains will be selected.
The great day of the "Finale"
The South American Derby is held every last day of the month at 11:10 p.m. on a distance of 2800m and NewTurf is giving 30 € (which will be added to the winning prize) per race.
The entry fee to the finale is symbolic: it is only 10 Euro cents (0.1 €).
The Random Number Generator (RNG), scaling, and mapping algorithms used (in small proportion) in the transmission from one generation to another of genetic factors (heredity and breeding algorithms) have been independantly evaluated as fair and not predictable.